- The entire aid program has caused more harm than good. It has destroyed local development and economy by pumping in free stuff as aid. It’s basically the latest form of Colonialism.
- First there was direct Colonialism, then came Neocolonialism, the geopolitical practice of using capitalism, business globalization, and cultural imperialism to influence a country, in lieu of either direct military control (imperialism) or indirect political control (hegemony). This Aid agenda is Neo-Neo-Colonialism whereby by giving loan, the IMF etc. now own the countries and enforce on them regulations and controls to keep them under their thumb. The Aid agencies know that if they promote local businesses, the tax from these would obviate the need for foreign aid by the Govt. hence putting these NGOs out of business
- For instance in Haiti, first the US Rice producers introduced tarrifs to prevent their rice from being imported to US, hence preserving US producers. Next, they dumped free rice to Haiti as Aid hence destroying the local market and production
- The companies that give aid are the ones that benefit from it, as they enforce the aid receiver to spend the aid money on them and not on the local economy, hence keeping them poor and putting the company’s money back in their pockets.
- This way they ensure that poor countries become eternally dependent and consumers of foreign goods instead of making their own stuff and becoming self reliant.
- This current model of Aid based development was first started in 1930 to rebuild the war torn Europe. IMF. World Bank and UN were all established for this purpose.
- The Marshall Plan (officially the European Recovery Program, ERP) was an American initiative to aid Western Europe, in which the United States gave $13 billion (approximately $130 billion in current dollar value as of March 2016) in economic support to help rebuild Western European economies after the end of World War. This plan was successful as it focused on building Infrastructure, Education and Industry etc that jump-started local Economic Activity
- 1 servant is worth a household full of appliances
- Countries can only develop by Local Business and Trade, not by Aid.
- The Founder of Sociology, Émile Durkheim describes Social Fact as being the root cause of this. Social Facts make the donors feel like the poor are the “Other”, the objects of charity. Also, it affirms the fact that the system, however broken, is the way it is, and that people have no option but to accept it. So, any innovation inside this broken system of aid like Tom’s Shoes, only makes it more harmful as it’s now more effective.
- POOR PEOPLE ARE THE CLIENTS OF THE POVERTY INDUSTRY AND SO IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO CLIMB OUT OF POVERTY, THAT’LL BE THE END OF POVERTY INDUSTRY. THE INDUSTRY, LIKE ANY OTHER SERVES ITSELF AND LOOKS OUT FOR IT’S BEST INTERESTS AND CONTINUANCE AND DOES NOT, SERVE THE POOR
- Our compassion needs to understand the practical effects of what it manifests into.
- Measuring poverty as people living on $1 or 2 a day is WRONG. Poverty is the lack of infrastructure, laws and education and the exclusion from the market economy that prevents people and societies from being productive and flourishing.
- Poor people are like bonsai trees, stunted in their growth and potential due to the pot they’re put in instead of land.
- EQUAL Rule of Law is the most imp for any society to prosper and without it, there is no Civilization and it’s just a Jungle. 2/3 of the world still doesn’t have this. Moreover, in the rest 1/3, the Law is friendly to the rich and the affluent and an obstacle to the rest.